POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Torii 2 (88 Kb) : Re: WIP Torii 2 (88 Kb) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:11:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Torii 2 (88 Kb)
From: Duncan Adamson
Date: 26 Sep 2001 10:27:04
Message: <3bb1e5b8$1@news.povray.org>
It seems to me as though there are two main textures that need to be worked
on - the red cylinders and the red planks.

I don't know what kind of materials a torii is made from but I assume wood
so you need a good plank normal with a paint finish (Glossy or Matt?) for
the planks and a tree trunk texture with the same finish for the cylinders.

Under the current lighting the roof and symbol look okay but I think the
lighting of the scene needs to be improved - have you considered using
radiosity and area lighting rather than a point source.  This may affect how
the roof appears

Duncan